Important Days and Dates in November 2022– As per the English Calendar, November is the 11th month of the year. There are many important national, International days and festivals that fall in November. Just like other months, this month also has many days that are celebrated to commemorate some notable historical events from India or to raise awareness about a particular topic. Here we are providing you a complete list of important days, events and festivals celebrated in India and worldwide.
List of Important Days and Dates in November 2022-
1st November 2022:
- World Vegan Day: Every year on 1st November World vegan Day event is celebrated by vegans around the world to encourage people to opt vegetarian food.
2nd November 2022:
- International Journalist’s Remembrance Day: This day draws attention to the level of impunity for crimes against journalists worldwide, which remains extremely high globally.
5th November 2022:
- World Tsunami Awareness Day: The UN has designated 5 November as World Tsunami Awareness Day.
7th November 2022:
- National Cancer Awareness Day: National Cancer Awareness Day is designated to spread the awareness about the prevention of cancer and the importance of its early detection.
- Infant Protection Day: November 7th is designated for Infant Protection Day with the aim to spread awareness for protection and development of infants at the most vulnerable time of their life, up to one year old.
8th November 2022:
- World Radiography Day: The Day marks the anniversary of the discovery of X-rays in 1895. The purpose of this day is to raise public awareness of radiographic imaging and therapy, which play a crucial role in the diagnosis and the treatments of diseases.
9th November 2022:
- National Legal Services Day: 9th November is designated as national Legal Services Day to commemorate the commencement of Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
10th November 2022
- Transport Day
11th November 2022
- National Education Day: National Education Day (India) is observed on 11th November to commemorate the birth anniversary of India’s first Education minister Maulana Abul Kalam Azad.
12th November 2022:
- World Pneumonia Day: WHO designated 12th November as World Pneumonia Day to spread awareness about Pneumonia, its symptoms, causes, and treatment.
13th November 2022:
- World Kindness Day- With the aim of promote kindness through out the world, every year 13th November is celebrated as World Kindness Day.
14th November 2022:
- Children’s Day in India- 14th November is celebrated as Children’s Day across India with the aim to raise awareness about the rights, education, and welfare of children. Children’s day is observed on birthday of the First Prime Minister of India, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- World Diabetes Day- The Day falls on 14th November with the aim of spreading awareness about Diabetes, its symptoms, causes, precautions and treatment.
17th November 2022:
- National Epilepsy Day- 17th November is observed as National Epilepsy Day in India. The purpose of this one day is to create awareness about epilepsy which is a chronic disorder of brain characterized by recurrent ‘seizures’ or ‘fits’. The seizures are caused as a result of sudden, excessive electrical discharges in the neurons (brain cells). This condition can affect people at any age and each age group has unique concerns and problems.
19th November 2022
- World Toilet Day: With the Aim to inspire action to tackle the sanitation crisis globally, World Toilet Day is organized by United Nations on 19th November.
- International Men’s Day– Every year, International Men’s Day is celebrated across the the world, to recognize and celebrate the cultural, political, and socioeconomic achievements of men.
20th November 2022
- World Children’s Day- The Day is celebrated every year on 20th November to commemorate the Declaration of the Rights of the Child by the UN General Assembly.
21st November 2022
- World Television Day- On 21st November 1996, first World Television Forum was held and since than the day is being celebrated as World television Day.
25th November 2022
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women: The day is organized every year on 25th November to prevent and eliminate violence against women and girls around the world.
26th November 2022
- Constitution Day or Law Day (India): Constitution Day also known as National Day is celebrated on 26th November to commemorate the adoption of the Constitution of India.
29th November 2022
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
List of Important Indian Festivals in November 2022-
4th November 2022:
- Dev Uthani Gyaras: Also know as Dev uthani ekadashi, is an Indian Festival which is celebrated as Lord Vishnu awakens from Yoga Nidra on this day.
8th November 2022:
- Guru Nanak Jayanti: Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurpurab, also known as Guru Nanak’s Prakash Utsav falls on the Purnima (full moon night) of Kartik month. This year Gurunanak jayanti will be celebrated on 8th November. The day is celebrated on the occasion of birth anniversary of first Sikh Guru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.